SPA-1 Influent Structure Replacement & Improvements | WWD Weekly Digest
The multi-phase SPA-1 Influent Structure Replacement & Improvements project required high-risk confined space entry for condition assessments, rehabilitation needs beyond initial expectations, an extensive bypass solution and intricate construction optimization planning.
In this video interview, hear from Rey Aldava, wastewater manager for City of Surprise; Frederick Tack, technical director with GHD; Greg Armey, CIP project manager for City of Surprise; and David Giannetto, principal at Felix and project manager about their experience working on the project. Hear how they overcame challenges during the design and construction phases, and about the team that made it all happen.
- Owner: City of Surprise, Arizona
- Designer: GHD Inc.
- Contractor: Felix Construction Company
- Intro: (0:00)
- Scope & scale of the project: (0:52)
- Size of the community and population impacted: (2:33)
- Project delivery method used: (3:27)
- Phase one condition assessment technology and findings: (4:28)
- The extensive bypass and difficulties it presented: (7:40)
- Impact on utility management and operators: (10:27)
- How SmartCover technology reduced impact to operators: (11:09)
- Construction optimization and tools to address it: (12:15)
- Shoutouts: (14:14)
- Watch last week’s video: https://www.wwdmag.com/videos/clinton-river-wrrf-biosolids-handling-septage-receiving-2021-wwd-top-projects
- Watch a video with David Drake, SmartCover Vice President: https://www.wwdmag.com/videos/industry-icon-david-drake-2020-wwd-industry-icon
- View the WWD Weekly Digest playlist: bit.ly/wwdweeklydigest
Sign up for More Water & Wastes Digest Content
- Subscribe to Water & Wastes Digest: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_new&PK=SMNN2020
- Renew your WWD subscription: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_renew&PK=SMRE2020
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wwdmag.com/manage-subscription?source=video2020