In this special episode of Talking Under Water, the hosts recognize Imagine a Day Without Water by sharing how important water is to other industries – aviation, food processing, dentistry and more – with thoughts from Endeavor Business Media editorial leaders.
Each of these voices explain why water is essential to their respective industries. While the industries vary, their need for water does not. From explaining how important water is to making equipment work as needed to how vital water is to dental health; this episode explores why water is such an essential resource.
Hear from the following voices and brands in this episode:
- Andy Hanacek, Food Processing
- Joe Petrie, Aviation Pros
- Peter Matthews, Firehouse Magazine
- Traci Purdum, Chemical Processing
- Andrew Johnston, A Tale of Two Hygienists
- Value of Water Series: One Water with Radhika Fox
- Value of Water Series: Utility Perspective with Buffalo Sewer Authority
- Value of Water Series: Community Perspective with Milwaukee Water Commons
- Value of Water Series: Water Access Perspective with COPE
- Cold Open | 0:00
- Host introductions | 1:05
- Imagine a Day Without Water, a day of action | 1:20
- A day without food processing | 3:27
- A day without aviation | 7:13
- A day without firefighting | 9:48
- A day without chemical processing | 14:36
- A day without dentistry and dental hygiene | 18:41
- Editors imagine a day without water | 22:51
- Housekeeping | 26:21
- WWD on-demand webinar: Collection Systems: From inspection to rehabilitation
- WWD Webinar: Why PFAS Necessitates a One Water Commitment
- WQP & Crystal IS webinar: The Impact of PFAS in the Water Industry
- Stormwater Solutions webinar: Exploring Stormwater BMP Co-Benefits to Reduce Stressors of Stream Health
- Stormwater Solutions State of the Industry Survey
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing t[email protected] engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.