In this episode of Talking Under Water, the hosts discuss a new study from the USGS regarding the prevalence of PFAS chemicals in tap water throughout the U.S., the launch of the American Business Water Coalition led by Mae Stevens and New Jersey’s PFAS settlement with Solvay. Additionally, they share an interview with Katie Peach, North American domain leader for potable and advanced reuse for Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. Peach, a 2023 Wastewater Digest Young Pro, shares details on how technology is evolving to meet water reuse needs in North America, the regulatory landscapes being reshaped and where business opportunities lie.
- USGS study estimates 45% of tap water has PFAS present
- American Business Water Coalition
- New Jersey reaches $393M proposed PFAS contamination settlement with Solvay
- Katie Peach, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions | WWD Young Pros
- Mae Stevens | WWD Young Pros
- Cold open | 0:00
- Host introductions and episode summary | 0:33
- USGS PFAS Study | 1:42
- American Business Water Coalition | 5:08
- Solvay PFAS Settlement | 6:08
- Water reuse interview begins | 9:41
- Current water reuse trends in North America | 10:10
- What is driving water reuse trends | 12:03
- Sustainability as a driver | 14:55
- Technologies creating a water reuse future | 16:22
- No one-size-fits-all flowsheet for water reuse | 19:58
- Breaking down silos for water reuse progress | 20:44
- Barriers for water recycling success | 22:27
- Parting thoughts | 26:21
- Water reuse resources | 27:00
- Housekeeping | 29:13
Talking Under Water listeners have access to a special discount code to register for this year's StormCon. When registering, use the code ONEWATER10 to receive a 10% discount on your conference registration. Visit bit.ly/stormconreg2023 to register and use the code.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.