Liz Lackey gained her interest in the water industry when she conducted stream sampling in high school. Since then, she’s completed her university degree, worked for a utility, got married and moved into a leader role for HRG Inc.
She explains the details of her career path, why she values operator opinions so highly, and how data-driven optimization satisfies her curiosity for discovery. She also shares a memorable experience seeing the solar eclipse in Yellowstone National Park where the event was at a near perfect zenith to experience it from a 360-degree view.
- Intro: (0:00)
- Liz Lackey’s career path and interest in the water industry: (0:53)
- The importance of operator opinions: (4:00)
- Tools to bring in operator opinions: (5:28)
- Science, solar eclipses and natural fascination: (6:34)
- The satisfaction of problem solving and tinkering: (9:41)
- How would you cater to the next generation of water workers?: (12:48)
- Outro: (15:55)
- Watch last week’s video: https://www.wwdmag.com/videos/converting-amr-ami-wwd-weekly-digest
- Read the 2021 WWD Young Pros article: https://www.wwdmag.com/youngpros
Sign up for More Water & Wastes Digest Content
- Subscribe to Water & Wastes Digest: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_new&PK=SMNN2020
- Renew your WWD subscription: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_renew&PK=SMRE2020
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wwdmag.com/manage-subscription?source=video2020