In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water co-hosts Bob Crossen and Katie Johns share brief highlights of the EPA’s Effluent Limitation Guidelines Plan 15, an overview on a potential pricing model for water utilities and a look at a U.S. Geological Survey groundwater study about the connection between groundwater sources and agricultural use.
This month's interview is with Daniel Gaddy, managing editor for Water Technology, Processing and Process Instrumentation, all of which are Endeavor Business Media publications much like Wastewater Digest, Stormwater Solutions, WaterWorld and Water Quality Products. Gaddy and Crossen discussed the trends in the industrial water and wastewater sector, and what that likely means for business opportunity in 2023.
- Groundwater is running low in agricultural areas of Nevada
- A promising water pricing model for equity and financial resilience
- EPA announces plans for new landfill wastewater PFAS regulations
- Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15
- Detroit’s major sewer interceptor connecting tunnel | 2022 WWD Top Projects
- Cold open | 0:00
- Episode summary | 1:02
- News | 2:30
- Interview with Daniel Gaddy begins | 7:49
- Trends in the industrial sector | 8:18
- Business development for industrial water and wastewater | 12:25
- Regulations impacting industrial users | 14:44
- Industrial storm water management | 18:51
- Housekeeping | 29:39
Talking Under Water listeners have access to a special discount code to register for this year's StormCon. When registering, use the code ONEWATER10 to receive a 10% discount on your conference registration. Visit bit.ly/stormconreg2023 to register and use the code.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.