In this month’s episode, the podcast hosts discuss federal water news & share an interview on sustainable hotel water management
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen touch on federal water news, including potential WOTUS updates, the confirmation of Radhika Fox to the U.S. EPA Office of Water and movement on federal infrastructure funding.
Finally, the interview this month is with Brad Clements, senior corporate account manager, Lodging segment for Nalco Water. Del Ciello spoke with Clements about sustainable hotel water management and how One Water principles can play a role.
- EPA & Army Announce Intent to Revise Definition of Water of the United States
- US Senate Confirms Radhika Fox to Lead EPA Office of Water
- President Biden & Bipartisan Group of Senators Agree to $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan
- USA Today: Biden reaches $1.2 trillion infrastructure compromise with bipartisan group of senators
- Cold Open: (0:00)
- Host Introduction: (0:43)
- Waters of the United States: (1:38)
- Senate Confirms Radhika Fox to lead EPA Office of Water: (3:45)
- INVEST in America Act: (5:44)
- President Biden and Senators reach $1.2T infrastructure package compromise: (7:01)
- Introducing Brad Clements interview: (8:52)
- Effect of drought and barriers to efficient hotel water management: (10:18)
- Costs associated with hotel water: (14:24)
- How water quality impacts cooling tower management: (18:41)
- Considerations when choosing where to target water savings initiatives: (22:48)
- Recognizing that no two systems are alike: (25:40)
- Customer awareness surrounding sustainable hotel water management (26:50)
- How one water plays into sustainable hotel water management: (29:46)
- Interview ends: (32:50)
- Housekeeping: (32:59)
- End (35:40)
- Send the Talking Under Water hosts feedback on 2022 show topics: [email protected].
- View the SGC Water Group Western Water Crisis Hub.
- The Scranton Gillette Communications Water Group, which includes Water & Wastes Digest and Storm Water Solutions, is bringing a Water Pavillion to The Utility Expo Sept. 28 to 30, 2021 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Send us your abstracts: bit.ly/WaterPavilionAbstracts
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.