The 2020 WWD Top Projects program calls for nominations annually to celebrate the best projects in the design and construction phase within 18 months of the nomination deadline. These projects represent the best work done across a multitude of installations, sizes and budgets.
“Congratulations to this year’s winners. The 2020 WWD Top Projects are best-in-class project execution for the water and wastewater industry,” said WWD Senior Managing Editor Bob Crossen. “Coordination among stakeholders and other utilities, staying within or below budget and meeting project timelines are all critical pieces to these projects. But most importantly, they took innovative approaches to utility problems and solved them with the tools and technologies they had available.”
This year, each WWD Top Project will be featured in a video interview in addition to coverage in the print magazine issue in December. Videos are premiered every Tuesday at 6 p.m. Eastern on the Water & Wastes Digest Facebook page. The videos will also be accessible at wwdmag.com/videos.
The winners are listed below along with their video premiere date.
- Oct. 27 - Se7en Wetlands
- Nov. 3 - Tomahawk Creek WWTF
- Nov. 10 - Main Street Sewer Reconstruction
- Nov. 17 - Grand Forks Regional Water Treatment Plant
- Nov. 24 - Luce Bayou Interbasin Transfer Project
- Dec. 1 - Enhanced Biosolids Reuse and Reduction Project
- Dec. 8 - CON-149, Emergency Rehabilitation of the Northwest Interceptor
- Dec. 15 - Automatic Ammonia Control
- Dec. 22 - JEA Water Purification R&D Project
- Dec. 28 - Tai Po Water Treatment Works With Onsite Chlorine Generation
Winners of the WWD Top Projects program are selected from the nominations sent to the editorial staff through its website. The editors score these projects on a five point scale to create a shortlist of 15 projects. These projects are then provided to the WWD Editorial Advisory Board composed of George Vorsheim, Francis Cain, Sidney Bomer and Paul Turgeon. The board scored all projects on a 10-point scale to determine the 10 WWD Top Projects.
Nominations for 2021 WWD Top Projects are open now. Visit wwdmag.com/top-projects-nomination to submit your project for consideration.