In this episode of Talking Under Water, the hosts share an interview with Dr. Sharath Girimaji, professor and head of Ocean Engineering and professor of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. Co-host Katie Johns and Dr. Girimaji discuss the blue economy – what it is, how water plays into and more. They also dive into the intersection of water and offshore resources.
- Episode Summary | 0:09
- Interview begins | 0:48
- What is he blue economy? | 1:18
- Intersection of offshore resources & water| 4:46
- The role of climate change in the blue economy | 8:18
- How to help disadvantaged communities on the coast | 11:33
- How we can fight the inevitable | 15:00
- Recent technology advances for the blue economy | 17:19
- The exponential growth of the ocean-based business market | 20:33
- Final thoughts for the listeners | 24:22
- Housekeeping | 25:49
- WWD on-demand webinar: Collection Systems: From Inspection to Rehabilitation
- WWD on-demand webinar: Why PFAS Necessitates a One Water Commitment
- WaterWorldSept/Oct issue
- WQP & Crystal IS on-demand webinar: The Impact of PFAS in the Water Industry
- Stormwater Solutions webinar: Exploring Stormwater BMP Co-Benefits to Reduce Stressors of Stream Health
- SWS State of the Industry Survey: https://bit.ly/swssoti23
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.