While some elements have remained the same for years, many elements of blowers for aeration and wastewater treatment have grown, evolved and changed. From more efficient energy usage to the inception of the turbo blower, understanding what makes them different can be critical for the success of your next blower installation project.
Stephen Horne, Kaeser USA blower product manager, discusses the differences between old and new blower technologies, particularly in changes to lobe count and turbo blowers. Learn about efficiency advancements, housing improvements and how controls have advanced for more nuanced control of blower units. Horne also covers isentropic efficiency, what it means, and why Kaeser is keeping it top of mind.
- Intro: (0:00)
- Range of blowers currently on the market: (0:33)
- Blower technology evolution over time: (3:15)
- Advancements in blower controls: (7:24)
- Why utilities should upgrade from an old blower to a new one: (9:00)
- What is isentropic efficiency and why is it important? (12:05)
- The future of blowers for aeration in water and wastewater: (14:53)
- Outro: (17:17)
- Read more about Kaeser USA: https://www.wwdmag.com/company/kaeser-compressors-inc
- Watch a Kaeser USA video about isentropic efficiency: https://www.wwdmag.com/videos/understanding-and-comparing-isentropic-efficiency-blowers
Sign up for More Water & Wastes Digest Content
- Subscribe to Water & Wastes Digest: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_new&PK=SMNN2020
- Renew your WWD subscription: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_renew&PK=SMRE2020
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wwdmag.com/manage-subscription?source=video2020