Mixing Systems Near One Year of Uninterrupted Operation

Jan. 26, 2016
Externally mounted systems operate at anaerobic digestion facility near Dorchester, Dorset, U.K.
Four Landia GasMix systems are close to completing their first year of uninterrupted operation at Eco Sustainable Solutions’ 1.6-MW anaerobic digestion facility in Piddlehinton, near Dorchester, Dorset, U.K. Externally mounted with no moving parts inside the tank, the Landia GasMix systems serve two 2500-cu-meter digesters that primarily contain household food waste. Utilizing 18.5-kW chopper pumps to generate a total of 700 cu meters of gas per hour, GasMix ensures that total mixing is achieved via specially angled recirculation nozzles. Compared to many energy-burning systems that have to run flat-out, 24/7, Landia’s GasMix at Piddlehinton only needs to operate for approximately 10 to 20 minutes per hour. Food waste from around 60,000 Dorset households, plus liquid waste from milk and cheese production, is kept at 41°C inside the digesters, with a retention time of 40 days. The 2.5-acre site, which was Eco’s first move into renewable energy, supplies 60% of its power to Mole Valley Farmers’ neighboring Dorchester Feed Mill, the first feed mill in the UK to be powered completely by renewables. The remaining 40% generated is sold on to the National Grid. PAS 110-approved digestate is also sold on as fertilizer to two local farms.

Source: Landia

Sponsored Recommendations

2024 Manufacturing Trends Unpacking AI, Workforce, and Cybersecurity

April 25, 2024
The world of manufacturing is changing, and Generative AI is one of the many change agents. The 2024 State of Smart Manufacturing Report takes a deep dive into how Generative ...

State of Smart Manufacturing Report Series

April 25, 2024
The world of manufacturing is changing, and Generative AI is one of the many change agents. The 2024 State of Smart Manufacturing Report takes a deep dive into how Generative ...

ArmorBlock 5000: Boost Automation Efficiency

April 25, 2024
Discover the transformative benefits of leveraging a scalable On-Machine I/O to improve flexibility, enhance reliability and streamline operations.

Blower Package Integration

March 20, 2024
See how an integrated blower package can save you time, money, and energy, in a wastewater treatment system. With package integration, you have a completely integrated blower ...