Sam Reifsnyder, wastewater research and development technologist for Carollo Engineers, is working with St. Cloud, Minnesota on a green hydrogen project. The goal: decarbonize local industries as well as the wastewater treatment plant.
In his testing, the hydrogen byproduct is being used to decarbonize local industry and the oxygen is being captured and used to augment the aeration system at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Read more about wastewater plant decarbonization: https://www.wwdmag.com/33002986
- Watch another WEFTEC video interview: https://www.wwdmag.com/33014054
- Intro | 0:00
- The plan for green hydrogen in St. Cloud | 0:48
- Electrochemical production of green hydrogen | 1:12
- Cost savings of using the oxygen byproduct | 2:11
- Scale of systems being tested | 3:20
Sign up for More Wastewater Digest Content
- Subscribe to Wastewater Digest: https://endeavor.dragonforms.com/loading.do?omedasite=WWD_new&pk=WWD_EdVid_NN
- Renew your Wastewater Digest subscription: https://endeavor.dragonforms.com/loading.do?omedasite=WWD_renew&pk=WWD_EdVid_RE
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://endeavor.dragonforms.com/loading.do?omedasite=WWDnewpref&pk=WWD_EdVid_ENL