The American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) announced the release of its new AWWA Thought Leader Series, a series of videos focusing on industry lessons learned from six professionals in the drinking water and wastewater fields.
This three-part series covers the topics of source and treatment, wastewater and distribution in eight videos. The series is ideal for training purposes for employees to learn from the expertise of top industry leaders as various water and wastewater problems are presented and solved.
The source and treatment videos in this series feature:
- Dr. George C. Budd, current senior water treatment process specialist for Black & Veatch and a 40-year veteran of water treatment technologies and an author and co-author of several AWWA publications;
- Dr. Fred Bloetscher, a water resource management issues, construction and utility management expert and author of more than 220 papers and six books on the same topic; and
- Dr. Michael J. McGuire, editor-in-chief of Journal – American Water Work Association and author of the popular AWWA-published book The Chlorine Revolution: Drinking Water Disinfection and the Fight to Save Lives.
The wastewater videos in this series exclusively features Dr. Sidney Innerebner, a licensed wastewater operator and registered professional engineer with more than 20 years of experience in her field. She specializes in operations, operator training, nutrient remove, utility planning and collection system modeling.
The distribution videos in this series features :
- Kenneth C. Morgan, public works director for Gilbert, Ariz. with 30 years of experience and extensive knowledge of water distribution and wastewater collection systems assessments; and
- Dr. Mark W. LeChevallier, director of innovation and environmental stewardship for American Water and recipient of AWWA’s George Warren Fuller and Abel Wolman Awards.
Source: American Water Works Assn.