The National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) announced the recipients of its 2015 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award, and Divisional Awards, which will be presented this December during the Groundwater Expo in Las Vegas.
Former NGWA President Scott Fowler, CWD/PI, has received NGWA’s top honor as recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Fowler, president of Dahlman Pump & Well Drilling Inc., Burlington, Washington, served as NGWA’s president in 2008 and received NGWA’s Standard Bearer Award in 2012.
Other 2015 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- Sorab Panday, Ph.D., GSI Environmental Inc., Newport Beach, Calif. – M. King Hubbert Award for major science contributions to the knowledge of groundwater
- Robert Cleary, Ph.D., Princeton Groundwater Inc., Tampa, Fla. – Special Recognition Award
- John “Jack” W. Henrich, MGWC, CVCLD, Bergerson-Caswell Inc., Maple Plain, Minn. – Standard Bearer Award
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards
- CDM Smith Inc., Luxor and Edfu Groundwater Lowering at Antiquity Sites – Groundwater Protection Award
- Layne Christensen Co., Scavenger Well Couple for Chloride Management in Baton Rouge, La. – Groundwater Supply Award
- E. Scott Bair, Ph.D., Kitty Hawk, N.C. – Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA’s Scientists and Engineers Div.
- James “Jim” Jackson, Alloy Machine Works, Houston – Manufacturers Div. Special Recognition Award
- H.A. “Bill” Mills, 2M Co., Billings, Mont. – Supplier of the Year Award
Source: National Ground Water Assn.