In this episode, host Lauren Del Ciello interviews Lisa Brand, CTO for LG Sonic, about the importance of water quality monitoring and the role sustainable solutions may play in water management going forward.
In this episode of Talking Under Water, One Water, One Podcast, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen share an interview with Lisa Brand, CTO for LG Sonic. Brand touches on the importance of water quality monitoring in developing long-term, sustainable surface water treatment solutions, the impact algal blooms have on the U.S. economy and the role smart, sustainable solutions may play in water management moving forward.
The hosts also discuss a new U.S. EPA action under the Toxic Substances Control Act prohibiting long-chain PFAS, a new report covering groundwater depletion on the west coast and a new 20-year clean water plan in Northeast Ohio.
- EPA press release: EPA Takes Action to Stop Use of Certain PFAS in Products and Protect American Consumers
- Water Foundation report: Groundwater Management and Safe Drinking Water in San Joaquin Valley
- From BBC: The 11 Cities Most Likely to Run Out of Drinking Water – Like Cape Town
- NOACA Proposes Clean Water Plan
- The hosts touch on the H2Ohio Plan in this past TUW episode
COVID-19 Impact Reports
Watch Video Series on WQP & WWD
- Watch WWD's Facebook premieres: bit.ly/wwdweeklydigest
- Watch Checking In a Video Series with WQP: bit.ly/wqp-checking-in
Nominate for Awards
- SWS 2020 Top Projects: bit.ly/swstopprojects
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.