Evoqua Creates World Water Day Infographic

March 22, 2019

In celebration of World Water Day, Evoqua is releasing an infographic that illustrates the power of water across a variety of industries and on individuals’ daily lives. You can request the infographic here. Some key stats include:

  • While Americans spend an average of $1531 on clothes and $91 a month on coffee, they spend only $17.50 on water;
  • 5% of our water use is direct, and the remaining 95% is our “hidden” water; footprint (water used to produce the food that we eat, energy that we consume, and products that we buy) and;
  • In advanced economies, as much as 45% of all water demand is generated by industry.

The infographic also breaks down water usage across the healthcare, food and beverage and microelectronic industries.

According to their site, Evoqua customers use water efficiently to produce those goods as well as to treat water after the goods have been made. The company is committed to helping its customers use and treat water sustainably.

Evoqua will also join in the World Water Day festivities by ringing the NYSE Closing Bell on Friday, March 22 at 4 p.m. EDT. The livestream can be found here: https://www.nyse.com/bell.

The company will also cap off World Water Day by announcing the winner of its annual Water Sustainability Awards on Friday, March 22. The awards recognize excellence in water stewardship, including companies using new or existing technologies in innovative, sustainable ways and companies that have made significant strides in water reduction.

The full infographic can be found below.

Image courtesy Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ).
All images courtesy of Ecosorb.