The American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) Illinois Section has shared the top 10 reasons to attend WATERCON 2017. The event will be held March 20 to 23, 2017, in Springfield, Ill., at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
WATERCON addresses the "total water" cycle, storm water management, wastewater treatment, potable water treatment and water reuse. It provides an opportunity for utility managers, directors, and operators to stay current on relevant topics and new technologies. More than 220 exhibitors and 200 technical sessions will provide first-hand information on the latest industry developments, which can help utilities plan for future actions.
The top 10 reasons to attend WATERCON include:
- Maintain operator and engineering credentials by attending relevant up to date workshops.
- Meet up with old friends and make new ones.
- Gamble (for fun) at the Casino Night.
- Meet new potential prospects and see current clients in one location.
- Contribute through the silent auction to clean water in developing countries through the WFP silent auction.
- Learn tips to keep utilities running efficiently and safely.
- Celebrate milestones of accomplishment and award winners in the industry.
- Cheer on coworkers in competitions that build teamwork and instill pride in the community.
- Share knowledge by presenting a paper, leading a workshop, creating a class or hosting a webinar.
- Learn why to participate in committee activities.
For more information or to register to attend, visit www.watercon.info.
Source: American Water Works Assn. Illinois Section