Former National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) President John W. Pitz, CPI, is among the first five to receive the association’s new Fellow designation in recognition of outstanding credentials, professional accomplishments, and commitment to promoting the increased understanding of groundwater science and water well system technology.
Pitz is president of N.L. Pitz Inc. in Batavia, Ill. His many groundwater industry achievements include:
- Earning NGWA’s CPI (Certified Pump Installer) designation, demonstrating exceptional knowledge and dedication in water well pump installation;
- Serving on various NGWA boards, committees, and task forces, including the Geothermal Heat Pump Technical Task Force, Industry Practices Committee, Policy and Code of Regulations Standing Committee, Professional Designations Oversight Committee and Standard Development Oversight Committee;
- Leading NGWA as president in 2012;
- Helping with the development of NGWA’s industry cost calculators for drilling, geothermal and pump installation projects, as well as the pump system sizer; and
- Conducting numerous educational presentations in the U.S., Brazil and China.
“John is a dedicated NGWA member who continually volunteers his in-depth expertise to benefit the association, its members and the industry,” said Arthur E. Becker, MGWC, CPG, owner of Drilling and Safety Consultants LLC in Manahawkin, N.J. “He consistently commits to serve with the highest integrity and devotion. His long history of service is exemplary and extraordinary.”
The NGWA Fellow designation will be presented to Pitz during NGWA’s 2016 Groundwater Week Dec. 6 to 8 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Source: National Ground Water Assn.