The editors of Water & Wastes Digest (W&WD) presented the 2015 Top Projects awards at a Sept. 29 ceremony held at Maggiano's Little Italy in Chicago during WEFTEC.15. Awards were presented to owners, designers, contractors and manufacturers involved in the 12 water and wastewater projects selected as winners by the editorial staff.
The Top Projects winners are:
- West Side Diversion Tunnel – Davenport, Iowa;
- Narragansett Bay Commission’s Field’s Point – Providence, R.I.;
- Lake Ariel, Pa., Pressure Sewer – Lake Ariel, Pa.;
- Iowa City Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion – Iowa City, Iowa;
- Phase 2 BNR/Tertiary Wastewater Treatment Plant – Modesto, Calif.;
- Brewery High-Strength Receiving Station and Force Main – Stevens Point, Wis.;
- Harry Tracy Water Treatment Plant Long-Term Improvements – San Francisco;
- City of Goodyear and Phoenix Goodyear Airport South Superfund Remediated Water Line – Goodyear, Ariz.;
- Beetham Water Recycling Plant – Point Lisas, Trinidad
- John R. Doutt Upground Reservoir – Columbus, Ohio;
- Water Tank Repairs – Wilson, Okla.; and
- Sewer System Project – Christiansburg, Ohio.
Nominations for Top Projects were accepted from April to July 2015. Projects highlight a water or wastewater project that was in its design or construction phase over the last 18 months.
Descriptions of each winning project will be featured in W&WD’s December 2015 Annual Reference Guide issue.
Visit W&WD's Facebook to see photos of all the winners.
Source: Water & Wastes Digest