Global Water Intelligence (GWI) announced the winners of the 2015 Global Water Awards, which were presented Monday April 27 at the Nasioutzik Museum in Greece during the Global Water Summit. The winners were announced in a ceremony presented by José Manuel Barroso.
Barraso, former president of the European Commission and prime minister of Portugal from 2002 to 2004, delivered a speech on the global importance of water to our world and commented on how “we need leadership in the private and public sector to make water sustainable.” He was also joined on stage by Thierry Noel the Chief Executive Officer and founder of Amane Advisors.
The winners of the 2015 Global Water Awards are:
Water Company of the Year
- Winner: Abengoa
- Distinction: Aqualogy- Suez environment
Desalination Company of the Year
- Winner: Saline Water Conversion Corp.
- Distinction: Suez Environment
Water Project of the Year
- Winner: Lakeview Water Treatment Plant (WTP) phase 2 expansion, Canada
- Distinction: Andijk III pretreatment plant, Netherlands
Wastewater Project of the Year
- Winner: Agua Prieta Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), Mexico
- Distinction: Fes WWTP, Morocco
Desalination Plant of the Year
- Winner: Ras Al- Khair SWRO, Saudi Arabia
- Distinction: Cambria BWRO, California
Water Reuse Project of the Year
- Winner: Silicon Valley Advanced WTP, USA
- Distinction: Kooragang Industrial Water Scheme, Australia
Industrial Water Project of the Year
- Winner: Jurong Industrial Water Reuse Pilot, Singapore
- Distinction: Ujams Industrial Water Reclamation Plant, Namibia
Water Deal of the Year
- Winner: Mirfa IWPP financing
- Distinction: DC Water green bond
Water Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: MetaWater
- Distinction: SKion GmbH
Water Performance Initiative of the Year
- Winner: Adelaide Metropolitan Water Distribution Network, Australia
- Distinction: Denver Water Sustainability, USA
Water Leaders Award
- Winner: Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board
- Distinction: Azersu
Subscribers of GWI magazine, Water Desalination Report and individual members of the International Desalination Assn. (IDA) vote on the Global Water Awards. In addition, delegates who registered for the early bird discount also were eligible to vote.
Global Water Awards sponsors include: PWN Technologies, Metawater, Meiden, Desalcott, Suez Environnement, Fathom, SWCC, Veolia Water, Doosan, GE Power & Water, Acciona Agua and Pentair. Amane Advisors was the event sponsor.
Source: Global Water Intelligence