The Plastics Pipe Institute Inc. (PPI) honored five individual members and four member-company projects during its annual membership meeting in April. Winners were recognized for significant achievements and exceptional service involving the use of polyethylene (PE) pipe.
Presented during the PPI annual meeting in San Diego, the award winners were:
- PPI Building and Construction Division Project of the Year
- Denver Zoo PEX Pipe Project, Denver
- PPI Member Company: Rehau
- PPI Municipal & Industrial Division Project of the Year
- Dry Gulch Irrigation, Roosevelt, Utah
- PPI Member Company: WL Plastics
- PPI Conduit Division Project of the Year
- Solar Farm - South Burlington, Vt.
- PPI Member Company: Blue Diamond Industries LLC.
- PPI CPPA Division Project of the Year
- Norfolk Southern Memphis Regional Intermodal Facility, Memphis, Tenn.
- PPI Member Company: Advanced Drainage Systems Inc.
The PPI members recognized were:
- • Bill Adams of WL Plastics for the Municipal and Industrial Division
- • Christina Smith of Viega LLC for the Building and Construction Division
- • Tori Durliat of Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. for the CPPA Division
- • Allen Pearl of Performance Pipe for the Fuel Gas Division
- • Tom Stewart of Dura-Line for the Conduit Division.
"This annual event is greatly anticipated by our membership," stated Tony Radoszewski, executive director of the PPI, "because it entails one's peers evaluating and voting for a single project from the hundreds our members complete each year. The winners faced some significant statistics such as completing a 21-mile irrigation pipeline to irrigate 53,000 acres of farmland; providing an environmentally-positive and cost-effective way to run power and control cables to the largest solar farm in North America; making sure zoo visitors and animals would have a comfortable climate even during sub-zero temperatures; and making it possible for a new, massive rail road terminal to be built.
"As for the PPI Member of the Year," Radoszewski continued, "we once again honor and thank these people who have given of themselves and devoted their time, providing guidance and their research findings to the PPI to help all members and our industry. I know we are all looking forward to next year."
Source: Plastics Pipe Institute