International Desalination Assn. (IDA) officials announced Tuesday that both the technical program and the exhibition at the 2011 World Congress will be the most extensive in the 26-year history of the event. A fourth track has been added to the technical program and the exhibition now spans three pavilions.
The event on desalination and water reuse takes place September 4-9, 2011, at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre in Western Australia. The technical program will include an estimated 300 presentations, offering approximately 30 sessions in four tracks.
With more than 4,900 sq m of prime exhibition space, the exhibition has surpassed previous events. To date, 123 exhibition spaces have been sold to 90 companies. This exhibition offers a third more space than the 2009 World Congress in Dubai, which set the previous record.
Other highlights include:
- Keynote remarks by Sir Richard Branson delivered via satellite during the opening ceremony
- Welcome Reception, sponsored by Degrémont and Suez Environnement, offering delegates a time to mingle and experience Australia’s hospitality
- NCED Australian Cultural Night at the world famous Perth Zoo
- Gala Dinner and Awards Presentation
- Plant Tours and Educational Workshops
Source: The Intl. Desalination Assn.; Seamonds