Massachusetts Community Chooses ZENON for New Iron and Manganese Removal Plant

Dec. 28, 2000
ZENON Environmental Inc., has been awarded a $3 million contract to build the largest NSF certified, ultrafiltration, membrane-equipped water treatment facility in the United States specifically designed for the removal of iron and manganese. ZENON provides advanced membrane products and services for water purification, wastewater treatment and water recycling. The Seekonk area has been experiencing high levels of iron and manganese in their ground water for nearly two decades. After testing a number of treatment processes, the District chose ZENON's leading technology, the ZeeWeed(R) membrane filtration system to treat their water supply. Once completed, the facility will provide 4.3 million gallons per day of clean drinking water to the community of Seekonk, Massachusetts. The construction of this treatment plant will be financed with funds made available through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. Currently, the Seekonk Water District obtains 95 percent of its water directly from four active wells and purchases the other 5 percent from a neighboring water supplier. The District has two other wells that are inactive. SOURCE: Business Wire

Image courtesy Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ).
All images courtesy of Ecosorb.