New Jersey-American Water Company's President Andrew Chapman announced the new executive team that will head the merged companies of Elizabethtown Water and New Jersey-American Water.
The merger, expected to be complete in 2004, is a result of the acquisition of New Jersey-American's parent company, American Water, by Thames Water, the water division of RWE. Elizabethtown Water previously became part of Thames in 2000.
Once merged, the company will be called New Jersey-American Water Company. The combined company will serve more than two million residents in 178 communities throughout the state.
The merger will allow the new company to serve its customers better by tapping into more than 250 years' worth of experience and best practices to form a better business.
The executive leadership team will be instrumental in the success of the "new" New Jersey-American Water and in the Company's achievement of its goals, which are to.
• Provide superior service and value to its customers,
• Maintain the excellence of its operations,
• Set new standards for performance in the water industry,
• Be responsible stewards of the environment and the water resources it manages,
• Invest in the people within the Company to help them fulfill their potential and to ensure they have rewarding and satisfying careers, and
• Combine an ethic of public service with private-sector expertise and efficiency.
The following individuals comprise the new executive team.
Dennis Ciemniecki, Vice President of Operations
(Operations Services, Water Quality, Security)
Bill Davis, Vice President Finance & Controller
(Rates and Regulation, Business Planning, Financial Accounting and Reporting)
Bruce Colligan, Vice President Human Resources
(Health and Safety, Employee Relations, Career Development, Performance Management)
Mike Sgro, Vice President Secretary & General Counsel
(Corporate Secretary, Corporate Counsel, Legal Claims)
Beth Gates, Vice President Business Development
Lendel Jones, Vice President Governmental Relations and Corporate Communications
(Corporate Communications, Community Relations, State and Local Government Relations)
Dennis Doll, Vice President Merger Integration
Source: New Jersey-American Water Company