The company said Toledo awarded it the contract to oversee the $430 million, two-phase Bay View Wastewater Treatment Plant and Collection System Program.
Black & Veatch is leading a team of national and local firms providing planning, regulatory coordination, design and construction management services to abate the chronic sanitary sewer overflows and combined sewer overflows that affect local waterways during heavy rain.
Black & Veatch will provide a variety of services through the contract, including:
* Monitoring and modeling
* Analysis of technology and management alternatives
* Financial analyses
* Development of a systemwide, long-term control plan
* Design of recommended combined sewer overflow improvements
* Upgrade of the Bay View wastewater treatment plant
* Regulatory compliance
* Overseeing public involvement in and public relations for the project
"Many cities in the northeastern United States face significant challenges as they rehabilitate and upgrade aging infrastructure systems," Black & Veatch Senior Vice President Barry Seymour said. "Utilities with large, complex capital improvement programs are increasingly turning to full-service national and international engineering companies with comprehensive water and wastewater capabilities to manage implementation of these programs.
Source: Black & Veatch