In this episode of Talking Under Water, the hosts share an interview with Tyler Jones, national business line executive of the U.S. water practice for WSP. Tyler and co-host Katie Johns discuss the importance of a one water approach to water stewardship, the challenges to this, how it varies by region and more.
- Introduction | 0:00
- Interview begins | 0:44
- Why One Water matters | 1:06
- Challenges to implementing one water programs | 1:41
- The interplay of funding, collaboration and resources | 4:01
- One water projects to watch | 4:31
- How one water action varies by region | 6:37
- One water and weather resiliency | 7:42
- Drinking water projects in a one water vision | 8:58
- Advice for professionals for one water success | 9:48
- Final thoughts | 10:41
- Housekeeping | 11:34
- WWD on-demand webinar: Collection Systems: From Inspection to Rehabilitation
- WWD on-demand webinar: Why PFAS Necessitates a One Water Commitment
- WaterWorldSept/Oct issue
- WQP & Crystal IS on-demand webinar: The Impact of PFAS in the Water Industry
- Stormwater Solutions webinar: Exploring Stormwater BMP Co-Benefits to Reduce Stressors of Stream Health
- SWS State of the Industry Survey: https://bit.ly/swssoti23
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.