In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water co-host Bob Crossen is joined by fellow Endeavor Business Media Water Group editors, Mandy Crispin and Jeremy Wolfe, to discuss AWWA ACE23. The editors touch trending topics they heard at ACE, including workforce issues, drought and waning water supplies, and advancements in smart water technology, particularly with AI and machine learning. Additionally, the editors touch on the vast regulatory landscape that industry is experiencing right now.
- New Products at AWWA's ACE23
- Smart water products at AWWA ACE23
- Leak detection products at AWWA ACE23
- PFAS treatment solutions and products at AWWA ACE23
- Lead and Copper Rule solutions at AWWA ACE23
- Cold open | 0:00
- Host introductions | 1:17
- The discussions surrounding PFAS | 2:27
- Cybersecurity becomes a pressing concern | 3:30
- Consumer confidence reports | 4:09
- AWWA's response to PFAS MCL proposal | 4:42
- Build America, Buy America education is needed | 6:05
- BABA compliance guidance is still forthcoming | 7:16
- Lead and Copper Rule improvements and communications | 9:21
- The growing trend of artificial intelligence | 11:34
- Positioning smart water technologies as workforce solutions | 13:22
- New products and solutions at AWWA ACE23 | 15:14
- PFAS and LCRI solutions | 16:31
- Drought condition approaches and supply management | 19:27
- A focus on the science | 20:42
- A future-looking mindset for the industry | 21:16
- Housekeeping | 22:50
Talking Under Water listeners have access to a special discount code to register for this year's StormCon. When registering, use the code ONEWATER10 to receive a 10% discount on your conference registration. Visit bit.ly/stormconreg2023 to register and use the code.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.