Open cut installation of pipe for collection systems run into challenges when presented with obstructions such as roads, rivers, and streams. It also can make construction more difficult in areas that are environmentally sensitive.
Jason Vernooy, project manager for GHD, explains how micro-tunneling can be beneficial to collection systems construction across the country. He shares how it differs from other trenchless technologies and highlights applications where it has been most effective in his experience.
- Subscribe to the Water & Wastes Digest Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr1xfvaq8Uy7en7e9l2XKA?sub_confirmation=1
- Watch our last video: https://wwdmag.com/21437782
- View the WWD Weekly Digest playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt9dEooEKNn3YgbfScyaPJHrXg50-eAb8
- Intro | 0:00
- What is microtunneling | 0:22
- Benefits of trenchless technology | 1:02
- Environmentally sensitive areas | 1:43
- Applications ripe for trenchless technology use | 2:31
- Outro | 3:25
Sign up for More Water & Wastes Digest Content
- Subscribe to Water & Wastes Digest: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_new&PK=SMNN2020
- Renew your WWD subscription: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_renew&PK=SMRE2020
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wwdmag.com/manage-subscription?source=video2020