There are a handful of reasons to expand drinking water services to also include wastewater services. While it may seem like a daunting task, the benefits of such a program could outweigh the cons and provide your utility a better future outlook.
Eddy Daniel, senior line of business manager for Dunaway, explains the pros and cons of taking this step and some of the considerations you should make when doing so. He discusses financial considerations to make as well as the value of diversifying utility services offered.
- Read Eddy Daniel’s article on getting into the wastewater business: https://dunaway.com/news_insights/should-you-consider-getting-into-the-wastewater-business/
- Subscribe to the Water & Wastes Digest YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr1xfvaq8Uy7en7e9l2XKA?sub_confirmation=1
- Watch last week’s video: https://wwdmag.com/21016123
- View the WWD Weekly Digest playlist: ly/wwdweeklydigest
- Intro | 0:00
- Pros & cons of getting into the wastewater business | 0:32
- How to finance expanding services | 3:30
- Operations, maintenance and regulations considerations | 6:37
- The value of diversifying utility services | 10:45
- Outro | 12:20
Sign up for More Water & Wastes Digest Content
- Subscribe to Water & Wastes Digest: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_new&PK=SMNN2020
- Renew your WWD subscription: https://sgc.dragonforms.com/WWD_renew&PK=SMRE2020
- Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wwdmag.com/manage-subscription?source=video2020