In order to serve the growing needs of the northwestern portion of the Elm Fork Interceptor System for the Central Regional Wastewater System service area, the Trinity River Authority (TRA) of Texas has entered into an agreement with RJN Group Inc. to provide them with final design engineering services for the Elm Fork Interceptor System Improvements Project.
The final design engineering services that RJN will be performing for the improvement project include:
- • Environmental and archeological assessments;
- • Survey;
- • Geotechnical investigation;
- • Utility coordination;
- • Easement preparation;
- • Wastewater interceptor final design plans and specifications;
- • Evaluation and design modifications to existing meter station 18.0 E;
- • Internal pipe inspection / condition assessment; and
- • Construction advertisement and bid phase assistance.
Approximately 6,300 linear ft of pipeline is scheduled for rehabilitation and 1,650 linear ft of pipe is to be replaced.
TRA had previously completed a preliminary design report of the interceptor that evaluated its condition and ability to convey existing and projected future flows. The report concluded that a combination of 42-in. and 54-in. parallel pipeline needs to be replaced, and rehabilitation of the existing 33-, 42- and 66-in. pipeline is required.
Source: RJN Group