The Hydraulic Institute announced the 2013 board of directors and officers during its annual meeting recently held in Fort Myers, Fla. The new board will be primarily responsible for providing organizational oversight to the institute and guiding the direction of its strategic plan.
Dean Douglas, president of Dover Pump Solutions Group, will remain as chairman of the board. Dennis Wierzbicki, general manager of Grundfos, USA, will remain as HI president.
The board includes three new officers: Michael S. Cropper, director of product development for Sulzer Pumps Inc., was elected to serve as vice president, technical affairs; John Miersma, president and CEO of Iwaki America Inc., will remain as vice president, member services; Andrew Warrington, president of Peerless Pump Co., will remain as vice president, knowledge & education.
Additional Board members include:
- • Suellen Torregrosa, president of Milton Roy
- • Tom Grove, executive vice president of AESSEAL
- • George Harris, president and CEO of Hydro Inc.
- • Bob Hendricks, president of industrial pump operations for Flowserve Corp.
- • Rich Heppe, president of industrial motors and systems for Nidec Motor Co.
- • Robert Pagano, Jr., president of ITT - Industrial Process
- • Gary Witt, president of flow technologies for Pentair
- • John White, Jr., president and CEO of TACO Inc.
- • Jeff Wiemelt, president of Sundyne
Past presidents of the Hydraulic Institute, Al Huber, president of Patterson Pump Co.; Dennis Ziegler, president and CEO of GIW Industries; and Ken Napolitano, president of Xylem Inc - Applied Water Systems, will continue active participation in the organization as ex-officio members of the board.
Source: Hydraulic Institute