Tassal Tasmanian Salmon, an Australian salmon farming company, backed away from plans to dump treated wastewater from salmon pens into...
Company’s professionals also involved in 52 WEFTEC program events
Dan McCarthy, president and CEO of Black & Veatch’s global water business, will launch Black & Veatch’s second annual roundtable series on Oct. 5 in conjunction with WEFTEC.10, the Water Environment Federation’s 83rd annual technical exhibition and conference in New Orleans.
Leaders of major utilities from around the world will meet that day to discuss how they are dealing with a wide range of economic pressures and how they have overcome the hurdles and capitalized on the opportunities this challenging global economy presents.
Matt Bond, Black & Veatch associate vice president and client services manager, will transition from vice president to president elect of the Water Environment Federation (WEF) at the ceremonial passing of the gavel on Oct. 6.
In addition, water practice and technology leaders and other professionals from Black & Veatch are participating in 52 technical sessions and workshops from Oct. 4 to 6. Technical sessions that Black & Veatch professionals will present or moderate or have helped develop include such topics as:
• Biofuels and the Wastewater Industry: Hop on Board or Get Run Over;
• Nutrient Removal: Real World Successes;
• Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction and Carbon Footprinting: Part II;
• BNR: On the Cutting Edge;
• What’s Up Down Under and Other International Reuse Strategic Initiatives;
• Sustainable Water Reuse and Water Supply; and
• Water Reuse Disinfection: Standards, Practice and Byproduct Control.
Black & Veatch professionals will also lead or present workshops on such topics as:
• Wet Weather Treatment Options and Regulatory Strategies;
• Wastewater Disinfection – Efficiency and Effectiveness; and
• Waste to Resource: Crafting Forward-Thinking and Pragmatic Approaches.