Youth Volunteers Raise Funds for Fresh Water
On Saturday, August 9, 2003 National VolunTeam Day (NVD) will take place at more than 20 Youth Volunteer Corps of Canada (YVCC) sites across Canada. Vancouver is one of the sites that will be celebrating the International Year of Freshwater, with the theme of the event being "Water For All". The Vancouver event will incorporate 13 sites around BC with 150 youth in total.
National VolunTeam Day is a project entirely driven by youth and this year they aim to increase the awareness of the need for accessibility to fresh, clean water. Youth Volunteers will be at the Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby Street from 1-6pm.
Monies raised by "Water For All" and the purchases of bottled water will go to WaterCan to support their work in providing safe water and sanitation facilities for communities in rural areas of Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania.
More like this
- > Corps of Engineers Celebrates National Public Lands Day
- Vancouver Wastewater Facilities Win Two North American Awards
- Washington City Partners with CH2M on Wastewater Operations
- CH2M HILL Employees’ Donations to Water For People Surpass $1 Million
- ITT to Provide World’s Largest UV System in Canada