WQRF Donation from the Wayne and Mary Packard Foundation
The Water Quality Research Foundation (WQRF) recently received a donation in the amount of $50,000 from the Wayne and Mary Packard Foundation, Minnetonka, Minn.
F. Wayne Packard, CWS-III, was a longtime member and ardent supporter of the WQA, and was awarded the WQA Hall of Fame Award in 1980. His son John Packard, CWS-V, followed his father into the water treatment industry.
John and sisters Martha Packard Ross and Betsy Packard, as trustees of the foundation, made the award to the WQRF prior to the WQA Aquatech USA 2005 international Exhibition and Educational Conference in Las Vegas.
John Packard is past president of the WQA and has been awarded both the WQA Key and Hall of Fame Awards, and has served on numerous committees and task forces. He is currently vice-president of the WQRF. Packard is president of Culligan Water Conditioning in Minnetonka, Minn.
WQRF was formed more than a half-century ago to serve as a universally recognized, independent research organization to conduct and fund scientific research on subjects relating to the water quality improvement industry.
More like this
- Culligan Provides “Green” Water for LEED Platinum Certified Remodeled Home
- WQA Mourns Passing of Ray E. Cross, Water Specialist Emeritus
- Ray Cross Challenge Brings in Over $700,000 for Water Quality Research
- Nearly $53,000 Collected in Ray Cross Challenge to Benefit WQRF
- WQA Mourns the Passing of James W. Wakem, III