International Desalination Assn. presented awards at annual conference
The International Desalination Assn. (IDA) conferred the inaugural IDA Water Reuse and Conservation Awards at its International Conference on Water Reuse and Recycling, “Turning Vision into Reality,” which took place in Nice, France.
Awards were presented in three categories:
- Outstanding Professional in Water Reuse and Conservation recognizes individuals who have demonstrated exceptional contributions to the development and implementation of landmark water reuse projects, and the advancement of technology and applied science in the field of water reuse and conservation.
- Winner: Masaru Kurihara, Toray Industries Inc.
- Distinction Award (tie): Neal Chung, National University of Singapore
- Distinction Award (tie): Roberto Mazzini, Veolia Water Technologies Italia
- Exceptional Utility Leader in Water Reuse and Conservation recognizes the outstanding performance of public or private utilities that have implemented successful, leading-edge water reuse and conservation programs and projects.
- Winner: Orange County Water District
- Distinction Award: Suez, France
- Merit Award: Water Corp., Australia
- Industry Technology and Innovation Leader in Water Reuse and Conservation recognizes the outstanding performance of private consulting firms and technology and equipment providers that have achieved disruptive advances in water reuse and conservation technology or solutions that have enabled significant reduction in energy use, carbon footprint and costs of alternative water supplies.
- Winner: Veolia Water Technologies, France
- Distinction Award: Desalitech
- Merit Award: Dow Water & Process Solutions
IDA Directors Leon Awerbuch and Nikolay Voutchkov co-chaired the award selection committee, a panel of experts from all facets of the water reuse industry. The award recipients will be part of the committee for the 2018 IDA Water Reuse and Conservation Awards, which will be conferred at IDA’s next international conference on water reuse and recycling.
International Desalination Assn.