USFilter and LC Engineering, a Korean contractor, have agreed to supply a wet oxidation system for a national oil refinery in Mesaieed, Qatar.
The modular, skid-mounted wet oxidation system is being designed and manufactured by USFilter's Zimpro Products in Rothschild, Wis. for the National Oil Distribution Co. (NODCO) in Mesaieed. The system will treat refinery-spent caustic from the plant's chemical processing facility.
"USFilter has extensively applied wet oxidation for ethylene spent caustic," said Rob Lawson, vice president of industrial sales of Zimpro Products. "Experience with this waste is now leading to new applications with refinery spent caustic. In this particular application, the wet oxidation process not only destroys sulfide compounds, but also organic contaminants, producing an effluent that can easily be treated in a conventional wastewater plant."
Wet oxidation, developed and commercialized by Zimpro Products, is in wide use today for treatment of both refinery-spent caustic and ethylene caustic. In recent years, Zimpro Products has supplied more than 25 wet oxidation systems for spent caustic treatment.
More like this
- USFilter Awarded Contract for First Wet Air Oxidation System in Peoples Republic of China
- USFilter Publishes New Customer Service Brochure
- New R Director Joins Siemens Water Technologies
- Westlake Chemical Corp. Awards USFilter Huge Industrial Water Treatment Outsourcing Contract
- Every Drop Counts as Industry Goes High-Tech to Cope With Water Costs, Shortages