Hydraulic Institute Releases New Controlled Volume Metering for Test Standard
New standard allows variations in test procedures
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) has released a new test standard for controlled volume metering pumps. The ANSI/HI 7.6 Controlled-Volume Metering Pumps for Test standard is for the testing of positive displacement reciprocating controlled-volume metering pumps (see ANSI/HI 7.1-7.5 Controlled-Volume Metering Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Application, and Operation). Variations in test procedures may exist without violating the intent of this standard. Exceptions may be taken if agreed on by the parties involved without sacrificing the validity of the applicable parts of the standard.
The ANSI/HI 7.6 2012 standard provides uniform procedures for hydrodynamic controlled-volume pump performance testing and for recording of the test results of metering pumps. Vibration and acoustical testing methods are not included in this standard. Refer to ANSI/HI 9.1–9.5 Pumps – General Guidelines for Types, Definitions, Application, Sound Measurement and Decontamination, Section 9.4 Measurement of airborne sound, for acoustical testing procedures.
The following types of tests are covered in the 2012 edition of the standard:
- • Functional testing of production units.
- • Mechanical integrity at speed and pressure specified.
- • Rate of flow and mechanical integrity at speed and pressure specified.
- • Verification of performance to the manufacturer's specifications.
Other optional tests may be specified (not included in this standard):
- • Steady state accuracy as described in Section 7.2.2 of ANSI/HI 7.1-7.5.
- • Linearity as described in Section 7.2.10 of ANSI/HI 7.1-7.5.
- • Repeatability as described in Section 7.2.27 of ANSI/HI 7.1-7.5.
- • Net positive suction head required as described in Section 7.2.12 of ANSI/HI 7.1-7.5.
This standard is available now at the HI eStore for $65.00 and is available in both hardcopy and pdf format.
More like this
- Hydraulic Institute Debuts Updated Standard for Rotary Pump Tests
- Hydraulic Institute Releases New, Expanded Version of ANSI/HI Standards on CD-ROM
- Blacoh Fluid Control CEO Recognized For Contributions To Hydraulic Institute
- Hydraulic Institute Recognizes Xylem Employees
- Hydraulic Institute Seeking Qualified Individuals for Review Process