The award will be presented at ACE14 in Boston
The American Water Works Association (AWWA) has awarded the city of San Diego with the 2014 Public Communications Achievement Award. The city received the award for representing excellence and achievement in the field of public affairs for its Water Purification Demonstration Project’s public outreach program. The city will receive the award during the Opening General Session at AWWA’s 2014 Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE14) June 9 in Boston.
The city’s demonstration project explored and confirmed the feasibility of purifying recycled water for use in supplementing local drinking water supplies. The outreach program included presentations, booths at community events, facility tours, informational materials, advertisements and social media. The city council unanimously adopted the project’s findings in April 2013 and set forth directives for implementing water purification in San Diego.
AWWA’s Public Communications Achievement Award recognizes AWWA members and/or organizations for accomplishments in communication—educating the public, promoting awareness and understanding of water issues, establishing media relations, implementing community involvement programs and inspiring others to model behavior with the public that builds trust and credibility.
More like this
- San Diego Public Utilities Department Wins Public Affairs Award
- San Diego Public Utilities Department Wins Outreach Award
- San Diego Water Purification Demonstration Project Receives 2012 Small Project of the Year
- San Diego’s Water Purification Demonstration Wins National Award
- Illinois American Water to Receive American Water Works Assn. Award