Produced Water Solutions Introduces Hydraulic Fracturing Water Treatment System
ECOFRAC system helps reduce chemicals in water used in hydraulic fracturing
Produced Water Solutions Inc. (PWS), a technology-driven water purification and services provider to the oil and gas Industry, announced that it completed testing and validation of it’s ECOFRAC chemical-free water treatment system initially targeted for the hydraulic fracturing process.
ECOFRAC, a proprietary process, was developed for the treatment of high volumes of water used in the hydraulic fracturing process. Typically, fracturing companies add chemical biocides and other compounds to eliminate bacteria in the water, and the ECOFRAC system is a mobile, low-energy, chemical-free process that treats water prior to injecting, thereby reducing chemicals that get injected into the subsurface.
“We have been very pleased with the testing results of our ECOFRAC system,” said George Kast, PSW founder and CEO. “ECOFRAC will be an excellent complement to our successful Produced Water to Frac Water mobile recycling treatment systems.”
More like this
- Water Recycling Picks Up in Texas Hydraulic Fracturing Operations
- Siemens Supplies Wastewater Reuse System for Natural Gas Drilling
- MoVap Shale Gas Wastewater Treatment Unit Ready for Field Deployment
- Understanding and Solving Fracture Flow Problems
- GE Water and STW Collaborate in Oil Field Water Recovery