Telvent officials will assist the Portland Water Bureau with creating an integrated, secure and efficient utility foundation
Telvent—a real-time IT solutions and information provider—announced that it will partner with the city of Portland, Ore., to upgrade and reinforce the Portland Water Bureau’s real-time data acquisition system.
Portland Water Bureau managers and planners will use Telvent’s latest generation OASyS Dynamic Network of Applications (DNA) supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system to gain increased access to integrated real-time data monitoring. The product will assist in laying the foundation for a more efficient utility system through its flexibility in open-data flow between the Bureau’s various sites.
With this increased integration, Telvent technology will monitor and manage the water network’s pump control, reservoir volumes and flow control, and will give Water Bureau Operating Engineers the ability to redirect commands with the click of a mouse.
Increased simultaneous access to various types of real-time data and a more streamlined ability to analyze it will give the Portland Water Bureau the ability to cut unnecessary future costs and provide greater customer service capabilities.
More like this
- Eastern Municipal Water District Implements Telvent Information Management System
- Telvent to Upgrade Water Treatment Plant in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Telvent to Implement Modern IT Solution for Dallas Water Utilities
- Itron, OSIsoft Integrate Technology
- SCADA System Supports Real-Time Model Calibration in Australia