“Stream of Learning” offers support for outstanding students entering fields vital to water and wastewater industry
Pennsylvania American Water unveiled its Stream of Learning Scholarship Program to provide post-secondary scholarship assistance to students living in Pennsylvania American Water’s service areas. The program is designed to support outstanding students who are charting a course of study in specific fields that are crucial to the water and wastewater industry, from engineering to environmental science.
“The Stream of Learning Scholarship Program is an opportunity to assist our best and brightest students who are interested in pursuing a career in the water and wastewater industries,” said Kathy L. Pape, president of Pennsylvania American Water. “By attracting scholars to those fields that are vital to the future of our business, we hope to develop and tap their talent for the long-term benefit of our communities and the environment.”
The company will award 10 $2,000 scholarships to students throughout Pennsylvania. Applicants must meet the following criteria and will be selected through an application process;
• Students must currently live in one of Pennsylvania American Water’s service areas (students may attend college outside of the company’s service territory);
• Students must plan to attend a two- or four-year college or technical school; and
• They must plan to study environmental science, environmental engineering, biology or chemistry.
“We look forward to helping extraordinary young people who will share our commitment to maintaining public health, protecting the environment and promoting economic development throughout the commonwealth,” Pape said.
More like this
- MWH Soft Establishes Endowed Scholarship at Lebanese American University
- American Water Funds 2009 Environmental Grant Programs
- GE Water & Process Technologies Offers OnlineTraining
- Last Chance to Apply for WWD/WWEMA 2012 Scholarship
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2008 WEF Excellence Award Recipients