Orange County Water District officials selected the company to oversee groundwater system expansions
Parsons officials have been selected by the Orange County Water District to provide construction management services for the $128 million Initial Expansion of the Groundwater Replenishment System in Fountain Valley, Calif.
Under this contract, Parsons officials will provide the full spectrum of construction management services, including document control, field engineering, inspection, and startup and commissioning oversight.
Scheduled for completion in 2014, this project will increase the treatment capacity of the system each year by 31,000 acres ft. The system takes highly treated wastewater and purifies it through membrane filtration, reverse osmosis, and advanced oxidation using ultraviolet light and hydrogen peroxide.
This highly purified water will be percolated into a groundwater basin to supplement drinking water supplies as well as augment the seawater intrusion barrier, which prevents seawater from contaminating the groundwater. The system has a secondary benefit of reducing the amount of treated wastewater discharged to the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Huntington Beach.
More like this
- Orange County Water District Named ‘Client of the Year’
- Groundwater Replenishment System Celebrates 5 Years in Operation
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez Receives Water Visionary Award
- Sanchez Receives Water Visionary Award from Orange County's Water and Sanitation Districts
- MWH Constructors Awarded Contract by El Toro Water District