The analyzer's Eco mode reduces waste by using only carrier gas & operating the sampling pump when needed
Shimadzu’s next-generation online TOC-4200 analyzer offers new functionality for expanded applications, upgraded communication methods, enhanced data handling and low maintenance and running costs.
The TOC-4200 uses Shimadzu's proven, industry-standard 680°C combustion catalytic oxidation method to support analyses from 5 mgC/L to 20,000 mgC/L full-scale. With a high-sensitivity kit, the TOC-4200 can measure samples with total organic carbon (TOC) concentrations from 0 to 1 mgC/L, such as underground water, public drinking water or recovered deionized water from semiconductor manufacturing.
Additional features include:
- • Multiple pretreatment units to best match a sample’s characteristics;
- • Multi-functional sample injector allows for a multipoint calibration curve from a single high standard;
- • Carrier gas purification function;
- • High-salt sample combustion tube kit increases the period between maintenance by a factor of 10;
- • On-board air purifier; and
- • Touch-screen LCD
The TOC-4200 offers an Eco mode that reduces waste by only using carrier gas and operating the sampling pump when it is needed. In addition, a web-based monitoring function allows users to monitor data and status from any network-connected computer, while a notification system alerts users when reagent or consumable replacement periods approach.
The TOC-4200 is ideal for a diverse range of applications, including:
- • Continuous monitoring of plant/boiler water;
- • Simultaneous monitoring of treated tap water;
- • Monitoring changes in river water quality;
- • Management of treatment plant influent and effluent;
- • Total pollutant load control regulation applications; and
- • Monitoring TOC removal rate based on U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations