NGWA Announces 2013 Award Winners
Awards will be presented this December during the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting
The National Ground Water Assn. congratulated the recipients of its annual Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards and Divisional Awards, which will be presented this December during the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
Long-time NGWA member Ronald B. Peterson received the association's top honor as the 2013 recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Peterson is an employee of Baroid Industrial Drilling Products out of South Jordan, Utah.
The other 2013 NGWA award recipients are:
Awards of Excellence:
- • M. King Hubbert Award: Chunmiao Zheng, Ph.D., professor at the University of Alabama and professor/chair and director at the Center for Water Resources, Peking University, China
- • Robert Storm Interdivisional Cooperation Award: Arthur E. Becker, MGWC, CPG, general manager, Environmental Drilling Division, SGS North America
- • Life Member Awards: Gregory D. Buffington, PE, Layne Christensen Co., Aurora, Ill.; Leonard Konikow, Ph.D., U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Va.; and Evan Nyer, retired from ARCADIS, Tampa, Fla.
- • Individual Safety Advocate Award: Steve Maslansky, Maslansky Geoenvironmental, Prescott, Ariz.
- • Technology Award: Michael Gefell, ARCADIS, Lakewood, Colo.
- • Special Recognition Award: Wes McCall, Geoprobe Systems, Salina, Kan.
- • Groundwater Protector Award: U.S. Senator Bernard Sanders (I-Vermont) Carl Standard Bearer Award: Lee, Milby Co., Elkridge, Md.
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards:
- • Groundwater Supply Award: City of Phoenix, City of Phoenix Aquifer Storage and Recovery Wells
- • Groundwater Protection Award: Arcadis, Numerical Analysis of Groundwater/Surface Water Interference at Blackfoot Bridge Project
- • Groundwater Remediation Award: Arcadis, Protection of Public Supply Well Installation Relative to Superfund Sites
- • John Hem Excellence in Science & Engineering Award: John Selker, Ph.D., Oregon State University, Corvallis, Ore., and Scott Tyler, Ph.D., University of Reno, Reno, Nev.
- • Keith E. Anderson Award: Brent Murray, PG, Environmental Quality Inc., Tequesta, Fla.
- • Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award: Mike Benet, North American Specialty Products, Willow Park, Texas
- • Supplier of the Year Award: Jim Paulhus, F.W. Webb, Cranston, R.I.