Dr. Mike Howdeshell recently joined USFilter, part of the Water Technology division of Siemens' Industrial Solutions and Services Group, as director of research and development (R) for the Zimpro product line. He will be responsible for directing and conducting R programs related to water and wastewater treatment at Siemens Water Technologies' Rothschild, Wis., facility.
Howdeshell has an extensive background in environmental compliance, chemical processing and chemical plant design and development. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry from Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill., and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Analytical (Organic) Chemistry from Indiana University in Bloomington.
Prior to joining Siemens, Dr. Howdeshell served as global industry development manager for ethylene programs with the Nalco Co. in Sugar Land, Texas. He also held a number of senior chemist positions with Nalco.
Dr. Howdeshell replaces Dr. William Copa, who retired from Siemens Water Technologies after 39 years. Over the course of his career, Dr. Copa worked extensively on Zimpro wet air oxidation system research.
More like this
- Biosolids Expert Dr. Mohammad Abu-orf Joins Siemens Water Technologies
- USFilter Integrated into Siemens Water Technologies
- Siemens, Texas A&M Partner on Heavy Metal Removal Research
- Siemens Plans Pre-Conference Workshop at Water Arabia 2011
- Siemens to Work With Israel’s Largest National Water Company on Joint Development of New Technology