Award recognizes company's volunteer outreach program
Missouri American Water was awarded top honors at the National Association of Water Companies' 2010 Management Innovation Awards. The award, which reflects the company's commitment to customer education and outreach, was presented at the sixth National Drinking Water Symposium.
The annual Management Innovation Awards recognize new and innovative programs that promote better water service and improved utility management. Missouri American Water's employee volunteerism program was recognized for building the company's outreach efforts. In just two years the company's program brought the time and talent of almost 400 employees to support community events and environmental education projects in St. Louis County.
Developed with a cross-functional team of employees at minimal cost, the program increased company volunteers from 20 in 2007 to almost 200 in 2010, building employee engagement, leadership skills and relationships with local communities and organizations.
American Water, Missouri American Water's parent company, also won a first prize award for its partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense program "We're for Water," a consumer education campaign. Coinciding with peak water use season in many parts of America, the “We're for Water” campaign was a national effort to encourage consumers to adopt simple changes at home to start saving water.
More like this
- Missouri Rural Water Assn. Presents Source Water Protection Award to Missouri American Water
- ITT Residential Commercial Water Employee Receives Prestigious Award
- FGUA, Pasco County Utilities Receive Water Conservation Award
- Insituform Plant Attains OSHA's Star Status in Voluntary Protection Program
- Koch Industries, Inc. Receives 2005 Keep America Beautiful “Vision for America” Award