Wilson held a sales position at the company for the past 14 years
After 58 years in the pipe industry, J.R. Wilson retired from Hanson Pressure Pipe, a division of Hanson Building Products North America, effective at the end of June.
Wilson held a sales position at the company for the past 14 years.
“We appreciate all J.R.’s contributions to our company and to our industry throughout the years,” said Clifford Hahne, president of Hanson Pressure Pipe. “He was a valuable part of our team. He will be missed.”
Throughout his career he has been active in the American Water Works Association (AWWA), receiving his Life Membership in 1981 and the Golden Drop Award in 2001.
Upon graduating from Texas A&M University with a degree in civil engineering, Wilson began his career with U.S. Pipe and Foundry, selling grey iron pipe. He then moved to United Concrete Pipe as a manager of sales, where he was instrumental in the relocation of United’s plant from Big Spring, Texas, to Dallas. Wilson also helped open offices in Dallas for Thompson Pipe and Steel Co.
More like this
- Hanson Recognizes Don Wagner for 25 Years of Service
- Hanson Pressure Pipe Names Dean Estoll Vice President, Municipal Sales
- Hanson Pressure Pipe Names New Senior Vice President
- FRP and Force Main Pipe: Debunking the Myth that Long Term Savings Cost You More Money Upfront
- ACPA Appoints Western Region Engineer