JM Eagle CEO Honored With Humanitarian Award
Walter Wang receives accolade for global philanthropic contributions
JM Eagle President and CEO Walter Wang was honored last month with the Uni-Bell PVC Pipe Assn.'s 2011 Humanitarian Award for his philanthropic endeavors around the world.
Uni-Bell officials presented Wang with the award at an annual meeting in Tucson, Ariz., for his extraordinary generosity in Asia, Central America and Africa.
"Wang has done an incredible amount to bring clean water to some of the most impoverished regions of the globe,” Uni-Bell Executive Director Bruce Hollands said.
JM Eagle was one of the first organizations to partner with the Earth Institute and Millennium Villages to bring sustainable water infrastructure to areas of extreme poverty in Africa. Over the last three years, Wang has donated hundreds of miles of PVC pipe and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash for the engineering of clean-water networks. Those networks are up and running in eight African countries.
"I urge other business leaders in all areas of manufacturing to join me in giving back to society, reinvesting in our world and helping others in all areas of the globe that are less fortunate," Wang said.
More like this
- Underground Solutions Joins Uni-Bell PVC Pipe Association
- NSF Intl. Verifies First Environmental Product Declaration for Water, Sewer Pipes
- Three Utilities Recognized With Sustainable Infrastructure Awards
- Ten Years of Defective PVC Pipe May Cost Government Billions
- Groups Urge Congress to Oppose Protectionist Legislation