International Desalination Assn. Adds Fourth Track for World Congress
A third pavilion has been added to the exhibition as well as other highlights
International Desalination Assn. (IDA) officials announced Tuesday that both the technical program and the exhibition at the 2011 World Congress will be the most extensive in the 26-year history of the event. A fourth track has been added to the technical program and the exhibition now spans three pavilions.
The event on desalination and water reuse takes place September 4-9, 2011, at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre in Western Australia. The technical program will include an estimated 300 presentations, offering approximately 30 sessions in four tracks.
With more than 4,900 sq m of prime exhibition space, the exhibition has surpassed previous events. To date, 123 exhibition spaces have been sold to 90 companies. This exhibition offers a third more space than the 2009 World Congress in Dubai, which set the previous record.
Other highlights include:
- Keynote remarks by Sir Richard Branson delivered via satellite during the opening ceremony
- Welcome Reception, sponsored by Degrémont and Suez Environnement, offering delegates a time to mingle and experience Australia’s hospitality
- NCED Australian Cultural Night at the world famous Perth Zoo
- Gala Dinner and Awards Presentation
- Plant Tours and Educational Workshops