Cummins Power Generation Announces New Mobile Generator Sets
Sets certified to EPA Nonroad Tier 4 Interim emissions levels
Cummins Power Generation Inc., a division of Cummins Inc., announced the availability of the C150D6R and C200D6R Mobile Generator Sets certified to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Nonroad Tier 4 Interim (Tier 4i) emissions levels. The new models, rated at 150- and 200-kW capacity, respectively, are designed for rental and other mobile applications. These models will be manufactured at the Cummins Power Generation facility in Fridley, Minn., and will be ready for shipment the week of August 6, 2012.
In addition to meeting the Tier 4i emission standards, the new models offer several important features including:
• Sound-attenuated enclosures for quiet operation.
• Standard Camlock distribution panel for easier and quicker cable connections.
• Standard auxiliary fuel valves for external tank connection.
• Improved safety features like the three-position lockable voltage selector switch to prevent accidental actuation.
• An easy-to-use customer interface.
• The new T4i engines have improved oil change interval (double the hours of operation between oil changes).
• Three-year, 3,000-hour warranty for parts and labor.
The new generator sets come with a standard configuration that includes the base unit, trailer option, tank-style coolant heater, battery disconnect switch, Camlock panel and battery charger.
Saravanan Selvan, strategy and marketing manager, Global Rental Segment, Cummins Power Generation, said, “These new 150- and 200-kW mobile units that meet the latest Tier 4i emission standards with industry-leading emission-reduction technology are still backed by the same famously reliable Cummins brand and offer a very attractive combination of features designed for rental and other mobile applications. Plus they are backed by expert service and support from the largest global distribution and service network in the industry.”
Larry Fetting, general manager, Americas Rental Segment, Cummins Power Generation, added, “Our customers require the new Tier 4i generator sets to be consistent with the units they are successfully operating today so that they can seamlessly expand their fleet. We have managed to do this as well as add the benefit of doubling the oil change interval.”