RJN Group Addresses I/I Issues in Virginia Town
Will perform peak flow analysis at four locations
After a particularly heavy rainfall event in the fall of 2011, basement back-ups occurred and residents of the city of Falls Church began to voice concern. The city decided to be proactive in identifying the problem areas. This past spring, RJN Group Inc. began work on a Phase 2 Area Flowmonitoring Project in the city of Falls Church, Va.
RJN is conducting the flowmeter site selection, installation, monitoring, analysis and recommendations at four locations. Peak flow analysis will also be performance on those same sites. RJN will evaluate the flow from adjacent billing meters as well.
In providing these services, RJN is assisting with the identification of inflow and infiltration (I/I) which results in basement back-ups during extreme wet weather periods. A previous I/I study conducted by a differt consultant failed to locate significant sources of I/I.
More like this
- Engineering and Information Technology Firm Addresses Inflow/Infiltration Issues
- Iowa's Duck Creek Middle Basin Undergoing Inflow/Infiltration Study
- RJN Conducts Flow Monitoring Program for City of Fort Smith
- RJN Group Conducts I/I Study for the City of Davenport
- City of Wheaton, Ill. Continues Sewer Rehabilitation Program